Uri_ba's pit Weekly Updates

Weekly Update – 2015/02/14

Hi guys,
It’s time for the weekly update.

I’ve finally had some time to sit down and check the i2c code.
I’ve started with the indexers, they seem to be working,  which means I was able to finish the new Main board and indexers board, and send it out to ITEAD for production. It should be arriving in a month or so. that will give me some time to manually rewire a new Caution panel control board for I2C.

I’m making good progress on the ICP, I’ve got the Arduino ProMicro code figured out and it’s ready to attached to the switches.

So I’ve started working on hand wiring a PCB for the ICP as well.
it will be a multi-layer board, all hand soldered.
switches and LEDs on the first layer, 2nd layer will be the Pot and the DCS. 3rd layer will consist of all the electronics needed to drive it. I’ll post some progress reports as I will start to actually work on it.

Moon from VP, has tweaked the DED fonts some more, giving us another font variation with a font aspect ratio which is closer to the real thing. it will be added to the next release of DEDuino.

Uri_ba's pit Weekly Updates

DEDuino connector app update

Hi guys,

following a bug report, I’ve done some changes to the connector app.
apearantly due to a BMS issue, the app does not recognize you have entered the cockpit during ramp start, casing the DED to show “Falcon not ready” message.

I’ve reverted to an old workaround I’ve used in early development, it’s ugly, but it works for now.

I’ve pushed the update, and you should be getting a request to update next time you launch the connector app.

while at it, I’ve found an issue in the self updating routine, which will be addressed at a future update.

sorry for the inconvenience,

Uri_ba's pit Weekly Updates

Weekly update – 2015/2/8

Hi guys,
I’ve missed a few posts due to other commitments,
So a quick update.

  1. I’ve received the connectors needed to jet the JAY-EL connected. I’m still not there, but I’ll get there at some point.
  2. I’ve started working on the ICP, finding the correct way to layout the switches is problematic, and the pots I have won’t fit properly with the panel. I’m still looking for a solution to that.
    HOWEVER, I’ve found 3mm flat top LEDs (that are used in the TM WH for backlighing. I’ll be using them also, as they allow nice spacing with the buttons (they are almost the same height).
  3. More on the ICP, I’m made some progress on interfacing everything. it’s still far from ready, but it will be an upgrade-able system, and will be the base for everything else I’m planning to do in the input department.
    Initial testing of the ICP on the breadboard. 8 buttons and 2 axis

    On the computer side it’s already a 32 button, 4 axis device:

    Initial HID test. shows up as a functioning 4 axis, 32 buttons Joystick.
    Initial HID test.
    shows up as a functioning 4 axis, 32 buttons Joystick.