Build has started – Keypad, Part 1

I’ve finally went and bought all the switches I need for the keypad.

I’ve got 32 Pushbottons, 1 toggle switch and IDE “Bath”. (I actually got spares for everything due to the lack of sodering skills). all for about 25$

I’ve also “salvaged” 34 Laptop keys (32+2 spares) for gluing on top if the pushbuttons. I’ve got cheaper type of pushbuttons to cut down costs (and not the square type I was thinking to buy).

I’ve wrote the text directly onto the plasic and sprayed with a coat of Lacquer for protection. my hand writing is well, bad – but I found no Other way to get white text within the key size (1.8 cm).

Keys drying after Lacquer coating
Keys drying after Lacquer coating
Keypad drwing
Keypad drwing

Leave a Reply